Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A much needed relaxing evening

Breakfast
I think I dreamed about biochem last night!!! What a nightmare! Along with my coffee this morning, I had 1 cup of Raisin Bran (Target Brand) cereal with 3/4 cup of skim milk, and a whole large orange. Now it's time to go get these tests over with!

Snack-I brought a mixed berry Nutrigrain bar with me to school, to eat between classes. I'm considering this part of breakfast because I had it kind of early.

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz whole (1 from Raisin Bran & 1/2 from Nutrigrain bar)
Fruits: 1 cup (orange)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 3/4 cup (skim milk)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $1.24

Lunch
Whew...it's over! One test went good, and the other, I'm not so sure about. I'll let you guess which is which. At least the majority of my class felt the same way, because we spent about 20 minutes complaining about it in the hallway after we finished! I'm over it though...time to move on. Maybe the next exam will be better...I can only hope!
For lunch, I had a can of Progresso 50% lower sodium Garden Vegetable soup. They were still on sale at Schnucks, so I stocked up...it's nice to have around for a quick meal. I also had half of a Lender's whole wheat bagel with about a teaspoon of cream cheese, a 6 ounce cup of fat free yogurt, and a 6 ounce glass of Old Orchard blueberry pomegranate juice. It was kind of a mis-matched meal, but it worked. Now, I get to bake some cookies and muffins for a bake sale that's going on at school tomorrow, then me and Matt are going out to celebrate our 3 year anniversary! The first part of the day might have been stressful, but the second part will make up for it :)

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz whole (bagel)
Fruits: 3/4 cup (juice)
Vegetables: 1 cup (soup)
Milk: 3/4 cup (yogurt)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $2.30

Dinner
We went to one of our favorite restaurants to celebrate tonight. Mangia is a great Italian restaurant (on South Grand...if you live in STL you should try it if you haven't already), and has never disappointed in all the times we've been there. It's been awhile, and they actually had some new items on their menu that I was excited to try. We started off with some Merlot, along with french bread with olive oil and Parmesan cheese (I like to make a pasty concoction of the two, personally). We shared a spinach salad with goat cheese, pecans, and bacon with balsamic vinagerette dressing. Yes, I ate bacon!! I haven't had it in ages...honestly, I don't see the big deal with it-I find it a bit salty for my taste. There was only a small amount of it in the salad anyway. For my main entree, I got the goat cheese ravioli with grilled chicken added. The pasta was tossed in olive oil with fresh basil...yummy! I ate about half of what you see here...8 ravioli and (I estimated) 5 ounces of the chicken breast. It was an awesome dinner, and we had a really great time reminiscing about how much things have changed. It's hard to believe it's been three years...back when we started dating, I thought I wanted to become an accountant and live in a cubicle for the rest of my life. I never thought I'd be going to school to become a dietitian, and blogging about the nutritional content of what I eat every day. I'm so glad things changed for the better! Okay, I'm getting sentimental due to high amounts of red wine consumption. Time to get to bed!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz (ravioli)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 3/4 cup (spinach)
Milk: 1/2 cup (goat cheeese)
Meats & beans: 5 1/2 oz (chicken and pecans in salad)
Oils: 4 teaspoons (olive oil, salad dressing and pecans)

The cost of this meal (if I had prepared it at home) was approximately: $2.43

How did I do today?
Grains: 6 oz out of 6 oz (4 1/2 were whole)
Fruits: 2 cups out of 2 cups
Vegetables: 1 3/4 cups out of 2 ½ cups
Milk: 2 cups out of 3 cups
Meats & beans: 5 ½ oz out of 5 ½ oz
Oils: 4 tsp out of 6 tsp

Total cost for the day: $5.97

No comments:

Post a Comment