Sunday, February 15, 2009

Breakfast
My presentation is tomorrow...and I still have lots of work to do on it. Unfortunately, I have to go to work all day...darn that need for an income!!
Breakfast was 1 1/2 cups of Kashi Honey Toasted Oats cereal with a cup of skim milk, an 8 ounce glass of OJ, and a medium sized banana (which I ended up saving for after I got to work).

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz whole (cereal)
Fruits: 1 3/4 cups (OJ and banana)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 1 cup (skim milk)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $1.27

Lunch
I continued my lunchtime workout routine today. I'm so glad I have started doing this for myself, otherwise I wouldn't get any exercise at all! Ever since I canceled my membership at Gold's to save money (I really wasn't getting enough use out of it anyway) I have really struggled with getting my physical activity in adequate amounts. This is especially bad when it's cold outside and school is going on...two big roadblocks in one! I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes today, very briskly with a pretty steep incline. I wanted to do some free weights at the end, but I was running out of time (and getting very hungry!), so I guess I'll try to do a little lifting when I get home.
Lunch was leftover Moroccan chicken from last night-about 4 ounces of meat with 3/4 cup of brown rice, a cup of broccoli and 1/2 cup of sauce. I also had a 6 ounce cup of fat free cherry yogurt. This meal was even better the second day...thanks Time for Dinner!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz whole (brown rice)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 1 1/4 cups (broccoli and tomatoes/onions in sauce)
Milk: 3/4 cup (yogurt)
Meats & beans: 4 oz (chicken)
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $2.09

Dinner
Matt surprised me by bringing home a Chicago style pizza from this Italian place down the street. The only topping he added was broccoli, which was perfect with the chunky tomato sauce and cheese. I had about 2 slices total, and estimated the toppings as best I could. This type of pizza is very messy, and requires the use of a fork and knife to eat it. The last time I had Chicago style pizza was actually in Chicago, and this definitely measured up. Yum! To add some extra veggies, I steamed a cup of frozen Brussels sprouts in the microwave and added a teaspoon of Smart Balance and some Mrs. Dash seasoning blend.

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 3 oz (thick pizza crust)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 1 1/2 cups (broccoli and tomatoes on pizza, and Brussels sprouts)
Milk: 1 cup (cheese on pizza)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 1 teaspoon (Smart Balance)

The cost of this meal (if I had prepared the pizza at home) was approximately: $1.08


How did I do today?
Grains: 6 oz out of 6 oz (3 were whole)
Fruits: 1 3/4 cups out of 2 cups
Vegetables: 2 3/4 cups out of 2 ½ cups
Milk: 2 1/2 cups out of 3 cups
Meats & beans: 4 oz out of 5 ½ oz
Oils: 1 tsp out of 6 tsp

Total cost for the day: $4.44

No comments:

Post a Comment