Monday, February 16, 2009

Breakfast
I have my presentation today...I think I'm ready, but I just want to get it over with! It's not even a big deal, only about 10 minutes...but still, that whole public speaking thing is never fun for me. Today I had 1/2 cup of scrambled Better n'eggs with a slice of whole wheat toast and a cup of fat free vanilla yogurt with 1/4 cup of granola cereal mixed in. Have I mentioned I really like the Dannon Light & Fit? It's definitely going on my shopping list for this week. I used about a teaspoon of Smart Balance Light between the scrambled eggs and the toast. I also had a cup of OJ.

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 oz whole (toast)
Fruits: 1 cup (OJ)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 1 cup (yogurt)
Meats & beans: 2 oz (Better n'eggs)
Oils: 1 teaspoon (Smart Balance)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $1.58

Lunch
I had a meeting for one of my organizations today, and this time they actually served what I expected them to-pizza (last time they threw me off with nachos). I had two slices of cheese pizza (not pictured because it didn't seem appropriate to pull out my camera during the meeting), and a cup of baby carrots that I brought along from home. I figure it's not bad etiquette to eat your own food as long as you eat something that was offered along with it. Am I right here?
It was hard to concentrate on the meeting, because from there I went straight to my class to give the presentation! Why do I get myself so psyched up about these things?! I just need to relax!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 2 1/2 oz (pizza crust)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 1 1/4 cup (pizza sauce and carrots)
Milk: 3/4 cup (cheese)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal (if I had prepared it at home) was approximately: $0.96

Snack
The presentation was a success!! It went better than I could have imagined. I still have yet to receive feedback from my instructor and classmates, but I think it will be pretty good overall.
When I got home, I snacked on an ounce (about 30 total) of unsalted, dry roasted peanuts. Whew! I'm just so relieved about that presentation! Too bad it's really just a dry run...I still have to do it for the employees of my practicum site next month. One thing at a time, though...


All together, this meal provided:

Meats & beans: 1 oz
Oils: 1 teaspoon

The cost of this meal was approximately: $0.19

Dinner
One of my favorites..."fake chicken Parmesan"! A Boca "chicken" patty topped with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, over a cup of whole wheat spaghetti with 3/4 cup of marinara sauce (Classico, tomato & basil variety). I also had a cup of frozen, steamed peas & carrots with a teaspoon of Smart Balance. So easy to prepare, this meal is becoming a weekly staple for me-especially when I'm busy and don't have a ton of time to plan out meals.

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 2 oz whole (spaghetti)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 1 3/4 cups (peas & carrots and marinara sauce)
Milk: 3/4 cup (mozzarella)
Meats & beans: 2 1/2 oz (Boca patty)
Oils: 1 teaspoon (Smart Balance)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $2.09

How did I do today?
Grains: 6 1/2 oz out of 6 oz (4 were whole)
Fruits: 1 cup out of 2 cups
Vegetables: 3 cups out of 2 ½ cups
Milk: 2 1/2 cups out of 3 cups
Meats & beans: 6 1/2 oz out of 5 ½ oz
Oils: 4 tsp out of 6 tsp

Total cost for the day: $4.82

1 comment:

  1. I hear F.C.P. is even better with Morning Star's fake chicken... :p

    ReplyDelete