Sunday, February 8, 2009

Breakfast
This morning, after my much needed cup of coffee (I was up way too late stuyding Biochem), I had a cup of Kashi honey toasted oats cereal with 3/4 cup skim milk and an 8 ounce glass of OJ. A little later in the morning, at work, I had a mixed berry Nutrigrain bar. These were also on sale this week, so I grabbed a box. They don't have nearly as much fiber as the Fiber One bars, but they are pretty good and make a great mid-morning snack!
All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz whole (cereal and Nurtigrain bar)
Fruits: 1 cup (OJ)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 3/4 cup (skim milk)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $0.96
Lunch
My standard work lunch: PBJ on whole wheat with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a teaspoon of jelly, a 6 ounce cup of fat free yogurt, and an ounce of baked potato chips (I had Baked Ruffles today).

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 2 oz whole (bread)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 1/2 cup (chips)
Milk: 3/4 cup (yogurt)
Meats & beans: 2 oz (peanut butter)
Oils: 2 teaspoons (peanut butter)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $1.24

Dinner-leftovers
I had a left over vegetarian enchilada from last night, with some extra salsa and reduced fat cheddar cheese on top, 1 1/2 cups of steamed broccoli & baby carrots with a teaspoon of Smart Balance Light, and a cup of canned fruit cocktail (in pear juice).
I got finished with everything I promised myself I would do today...and I will do no more tonight. My brain is filled with all the Biochem it can handle for one evening. Goodnight!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz whole (tortilla)
Fruits: 1 cup (fruit cocktail)
Vegetables: 2 1/4 cups (salsa, enchilada sauce, broccoli & carrots)
Milk: 1 cup (cheddar cheese)
Meats & beans: 2 oz (1 from black beans and 1 from Boca soy crumbles in enchilada)
Oils: 1 teaspoon (Smart Balance)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $2.74


How did I do today?
Grains: 5 oz out of 6 oz (all were whole)
Fruits: 2 cups out of 2 cups
Vegetables: 2 3/4 cups out of 2 ½ cups
Milk: 2 1/2 cups out of 3 cups
Meats & beans: 4 oz out of 5 ½ oz
Oils: 3 tsp out of 6 tsp

Total cost for the day: $4.94

No comments:

Post a Comment