Friday, February 20, 2009

Breakfast
Today was my early day at work, and I hardly got any sleep last night...so I'll go ahead and apologize for the shortness of this post.
Breakfast was eaten in two shifts, as I typically do when I have to get up at 5 in the morning. I need something to get me going this early, but then I need more "fuel" later in the morning so I can make it through lunch.
Breakfast # 1: a cup of fat free (Dannon) vanilla yogurt mixed with a cup of frozen (thawed) strawberries and blueberries, 1/4 cup of granola cereal, and 11 almonds.
Breakfast # 2: a small bran muffin and a 2 egg omelet made from egg substitute (compliments of the kitchen after breakfast ended).

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 2 oz whole (1/2 from granola cereal and 1 1/2 from muffin)
Fruits: 1 cup (blueberries and strawberries)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 1 cup (yogurt)
Meats & beans: 3 oz (almonds and eggs)
Oils: 1 teaspoon (almonds)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $2.39

Lunch
I had a piece of leftover veggie lasagna from last night, along with a cup of raw baby carrots. I forced myself to walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes, even though I would rather have taken a nap. The walk actually gave me some energy...funny how exercise works that way! I will definitely be taking a nap when I get home, though.

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz (about 2 lasagna noodles)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 2 cups (veggies in lasagna and carrots)
Milk: 1 cup (mozzarella and cottage cheese in lasagna)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 1 teaspoon (pesto sauce in lasagna)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $1.63

Snack
I did take that nap when I got home, and I think I slept a little too long! I had to "start over" when I woke up by having some coffee and juice. I made a latte with a cup of skim milk and had that along with a 6 ounce cup of OJ. We're going to a 30th birthday party for a friend tonight, so I needed to get going again!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 0
Fruits: 3/4 cup (juice)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 1 cup (skim milk in latte)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $0.47

Dinner
We were kind of in a hurry to get going tonight, so rather than cook dinner we went by Crazy Bowls & Wraps (CBW). I got a power bowl this time, which the menu boasts is "everything your body needs in one bowl!" Well, I'm not sure I agree with that statement, but it's a pretty good mix: brown rice, beans, chicken, romaine lettuce, corn salsa, and a little cheddar cheese. It comes with corn tortilla chips, which I like to dip in their awesome hummus and salsa. I estimated what I ate from the bowl (it's a pretty big portion), and also counted about 6 of the chips that I had.
I didn't get to do my nightly yoga poses tonight, because by the time we got home from the party it was pretty late, and I was completely beat! I'll try to make up for it tomorrow. Right now, the biggest gift I can give myself is some sleep!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 2 1/2 oz, 1 1/2 whole (1 from chips and 1 1/2 whole from about 3/4 cup of rice)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 1 cup (beans, salsa, lettuce and hummus)
Milk: 1/4 cup (cheese)
Meats & beans: 3 oz (chicken)
Oils: 1 teaspoon (fried chips)

The cost of this meal (if I had prepared it at home) was approximately: $1.47

How did I do today?
Grains: 6 oz out of 6 oz (5 were whole)
Fruits: 1 3/4 cups out of 2 cups
Vegetables: 2 3/4 cups out of 2 ½ cups
Milk: 3 cups out of 3 cups
Meats & beans: 6 oz out of 5 ½ oz
Oils: 3 tsp out of 6 tsp

Total cost for the day: $5.96

No comments:

Post a Comment