Thursday, February 5, 2009

Breakfast-back to cereal
I wasn't feeling creative this morning, plus I haven't been to the store, so I had cereal: 1 1/4 cups of Kashi Honey Toasted Oats with 3/4 cup skim milk, and a cup of orange juice.

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz whole (cereal)
Fruits: 1 cup (OJ)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 3/4 cup (skim milk)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $0.79

Lunch
It's official: I am stressed out about school. I have two tests next week, plus projects to work on that are going to be due before I know it. Please forgive me in advance for the shortness of my upcoming posts.
For lunch, I had a Boca burger with a slice of fat free American cheese on a whole wheat bun, with an ounce of baked chips on the side and, of course, ketchup for dipping!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz whole (bun)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 1/2 cup (chips)
Milk: 1/2 cup (cheese)
Meats & beans: 2 1/2 oz (Boca burger)
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $1.59

Snack
A 6 oz cup of fat free vanilla yogurt, mixed with 1/4 cup of Archer Farms dried mixed fruit (mostly berries-I picked them out of the bag!).

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 0
Fruits: 1/2 cup (dried fruit)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 3/4 cup (yogurt)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $0.83

Dinner
I was expecting to have pizza tonight (Matt was going to bring one home from work), but instead he decided to get Thai food...no complaints there! I love Thai food! We always get the spicy noodles with tofu and chicken satay with peanut sauce and share both entrees. My portion was 1 1/2 cups of noodles with about 1 1/2 cups of veggies (including the tofu), plus two chicken skewers with a tablespoon of peanut sauce. So yummy! If you live in STL, you must try Tei Too in Webster Groves!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz (noodles)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 1 1/2 cups (vegetables)
Milk: 0
Meats & beans: 3 oz. (chicken)
Oils: 3 teaspoons (1 from peanut sauce, and 2 estimated-I assume the tofu and veggies were fried)

The cost of this meal (if I had prepared it at home) was approximately: $3.63

How did I do today?
Grains: 6 oz out of 6 oz (3 were whole)
Fruits: 1 1/2 cups out of 2 cups
Vegetables: 2 cups out of 2 1/2 cups
Milk: 2 cups out of 3 cups
Meats & Beans: 6 oz out of 5 1/2 oz
Oils: 1 teaspoon out of 6 teaspoons

Total cost for the day: $6.85

1 comment:

  1. I love how you make goals for the week. You're so motivated!

    ReplyDelete