Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekly wrap-up: 2/9/09-2/15/09

How did I do this week?

Average serving/day:
Grains: 6 oz
Fruits: 2 cups
Vegetables: 2 1/4 cups
Milk: 2 1/2 cups
Meats & Beans: 4 3/4 oz
Oils: 4 teaspoons

Average cost per day: $5.10
Total cost for the week: $35.72

I feel off a little on the veggies, milk and meats & beans this week...but I'm doing much better on the oils! Snacking on a few almonds really makes a difference. I kept the weekly cost low too, although I did have a couple of expensive days, it all evened out. I'm going to try out some new options for meat substitutes this week...hopefully I can keep from falling short on the protein foods again.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love gum! I'm really trying to cut it out though because it has fake sweeteners in it:/ Have a great week Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments! PB & J is one of my favorites! Not to mention it's pretty cheap and healthy to boot. Great blog!

    -kristen
    eatingRD

    ReplyDelete