Saturday, February 7, 2009

Breakfast
Latte made with a cup of skim milk, 1/4 + 1/8 cup of quick oats cooked with a cup of skim, with 1/4 cup of raisins, 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts and an 8 ounce glass of OJ on the side. I needed a breakfast that would keep me full, because I have to go to practicum today and don't plan on eating lunch until I get out of there around 3. I will be bringing a snack with me just in case though!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz whole (oatmeal)
Fruits: 1 1/2 cups (raisins and OJ)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 2 cups (skim milk in latte and oatmeal)
Meats & beans: 1 oz (walnuts)
Oils: 1 teaspoon (walnuts)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $1.18

Lunch
I was so busy today, I never even ate my snack. By the time I got home I was STARVING, so I just heated up two slices of leftover chicken & tomato pizza from last night. Now, it's time to get focused on studying...no fun for me this weekend, I'm afraid.

The cats kept me company while I studied (as much as a cat does, anyway). I wish I could curl up and go to sleep right now, too. Aren't they just too cute?!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 2 1/2 oz (pizza crust)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 1/2 cup (tomato sauce and tomatoes on pizza)
Milk: 3/4 cup (cheese on pizza)
Meats & beans: 1 1/2 oz (chicken on pizza)
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $1.13

Dinner
Vegetarian enchiladas, a great recipe from CookingLight.com! I made the filling with half the soy crumbles it calls for, and just made 6 big portions rather than 12 small ones. I had one enchilada and a cup of steamed broccoli with a teaspoon of Smart Balance Light.
Here's the recipe


For dessert, I had a kiwi! I have decided I'm going to start trying new things from the produce section when I go to the store. I've had kiwi before, but never actually bought one. I read an article the other day, called "The Ten Healthiest Foods You've Never Tried" and one of them was kiwi, so I thought I'd give it another try...I was glad I did! Yum! Here's the article


I have had a long evening of studying, and I have to work tomorrow. Time to get some sleep...goodnight!


All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 1/2 oz whole (tortilla)
Fruits: 1/2 cup (kiwi)
Vegetables: 1 1/2 cups (broccoli, salsa and enchilada sauce)
Milk: 1/2 cup (cheddar cheese)
Meats & beans: 2 oz (about 1/4 cup of beans and 1 oz of Boca crumbles)
Oils: 1 teaspoon (Smart Balance)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $2.00


How did I do today?
Grains: 5 1/2 oz out of 6 oz (4 were whole)
Fruits: 2 cups out of 2 cups
Vegetables: 2 cups out of 2 ½ cups
Milk: 3 1/4 cups out of 3 cups
Meats & beans: 5 oz out of 5 ½ oz
Oils: 2 tsp out of 6 tsp

Total cost for the day: $4.31

2 comments:

  1. Your cats ARE very cute!
    I think it's awesome that you are trying new things at the story. I haven't had a kiwi in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.
    That website for tracking visitors is
    http://www.statcounter.com/. It's free. If you want premium functions, there is a fee.

    I've found it to be really interesting.

    ReplyDelete