Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekly wrap-up: 1/5-1/11

How did I do this week?

My average servings per day for each food group:

Grains: 5 3/4 oz. (requirement was 95% fulfilled)

Fruits: 1 3/4 cups (91% fulfilled)

Vegetables: 2 1/4 cups (94% fulfilled)

Milk: 2 1/2 cups (82% fulfilled)

Meats & beans: 5 1/4 oz (96% fulfilled)
Oils: 3 teaspoons (55% fulfilled)


Total cost for the week: $25.25

Average cost per day: $3.61


This was a really good week, especially for cost! A few meals were taken care of, but I'm starting to realize that there is always something going on that allows for a free meal to take place. Maybe it's just the season, or luck...but whatever-there's no reason to complain, or say no to, a free meal. There just aren't many things left that are free these days, and when it comes to food I just feel thankful to have it at all.

I still seem to be falling a bit short in the milk group at times, as well as in oils. Next week, I want to try and work on those two areas especially. I guess I just don't eat that many oil containing foods. Maybe I can step it up a bit by adding more nuts, or even peanut butter to my daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment