Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekly wrap-up: 1/19/09-1/25/09

How did I do this week?

My average serving per day:
Grains: 5 1/2 oz
Fruits: 2 cups
Vegetables: 2 1/2 cups
Milk: 2 1/2 cups
Meats & beans: 5 1/4 oz
Oils: 3 teaspoons

Average cost per day: $4.68
Total cost for the week: $32.75

This was a very good week. I fell just a little short on grains, milk and meats/beans, and I'm still only getting about 50% of my recommendation for oils. I guess I just don't use fats for cooking very often, and I can only eat so much peanut butter, almonds and walnuts in a day.
My cost was also very low this week...I beat the Thrifty budget by $3.00!
I have already found some great ways to prepare low cost, nutritious meals over the past several weeks-but I am still searching for more new ways to eat cheap and stay healthy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just found your blog and love it! I'll be back to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog! I'm glad you found me! Where are you going to school right now?

    ReplyDelete