Wednesday, January 28, 2009

1.28.09-More snow!

Breakfast
I woke up to way more snow than I expected today! My whole car was pretty much snowed in, so I went outside and cleaned it off after I had my latte this morning (espresso mixed with 1 cup skim milk, topped with cinnamon). I knew I had better do it now, before I was showered and ready to go! Later in the morning, before I left for work, I had a 6 oz cup of fat free vanilla yogurt (store brand) mixed with 1/2 cup of granola cereal and 1/4 cup mixed dried fruit (Archer Farms).

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 1 oz whole (granola cereal)
Fruits: 1/2 cup (dried fruit)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 1 3/4 cup (skim milk in latte and yogurt)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $1.40

Lunch
Today was a crazy day at work. A lot of people didn't make it in due to the weather, which I could tell right away when I found a parking spot much too easily. I had to help out in another department today on top of my regular job, so it was extra hectic for me. I still found time to go walk on the treadmill for a half hour in the employee wellness center (it is so cool to work somewhere that has one of those!). I was absolutely determined to get some exercise today, since I haven't been able to go walking outside (for obvious reasons) and haven't been too motivated to do my Kathy Smith workout video lately (it starts to get boring when I have each and every comment she makes memorized). Maybe after another few days I'll be ready to try it again. I had to have a very quick lunch today, since I took up most of it walking. I had 2 ounces of tuna (single serving pack-in water) on 6 Triscuit low sodium crackers, with 1/2 cup of pasta salad a co-worker brought in, and an apple. It really wasn't much of a lunch, and I never got a chance to eat the chips I brought along as a snack. Guess I'll make up for it at dinner!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 2 oz (1 whole from Triscuit, and 1 from pasta)
Fruits: 1 cup (apple)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 0
Meats & beans: 2 oz (tuna)
Oils: 1 teaspoon (dressing on pasta salad)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $2.09

Dinner
I was starving when I got home tonight! I made a stop by the grocery store to pick up some pesto sauce to go with the cheese tortellini I had in the freezer. I mixed a whole package of tortellini with about 5 tablespoons of pre-made pesto (Classico brand), and mixed in a 16 oz package of frozen peas and carrots (steamed in the microwave first). I also sauteed some small chicken breasts in about a tablespoon of olive oil, and seasoned with Mrs. Dash garlic & herb blend. My portion was about 2 cups of tortellini with a tablespoon of pesto, 1 1/2 cups of veggies, and 3 ounces of chicken. I topped it with a generous drizzling of lemon juice (the kind from the plastic lemon you buy at the store) and a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. I also had a 6 oz (3/4 cup) of TJ's gala apple juice.

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 3 oz (tortellini)
Fruits: 3/4 cup (apple juice)
Vegetables: 1 1/2 cups
Milk: 3/4 cup (1/2 cup from tortellini and 1/4 from Parmesan cheese)
Meats & beans: 3 oz (chicken)
Oils: 3 teaspoons (pesto sauce and olive oil)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $2.27

How did I do today?
Grains: 6 oz out of 6 oz (2 were whole)
Fruits: 2 1/4 cups out of 2 cups
Vegetables:1 1/2 cups out of 2 1/2 cups
Milk: 2 1/2 cups out of 3 cups
Meats & Beans: 5 oz out of 5 1/2 oz
Oils: 4 teaspoons out of 6 teaspoons

Total cost for the day: $5.76

No comments:

Post a Comment