Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1.20.09

Breakfast
I started with a latte this morning: a double shot of espresso with 1 cup of hot skim milk, a packet of Equal and a little cinnamon. Then I had about 1 1/2 cups of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal with 3/4 cup of skim milk, and a 6 oz (3/4 cup) glass of Old Orchard Blueberry Pomegranate juice. I already got more than half my recommendation of milk for the day, all in one meal. Aren't lattes great?!

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 2 1/2 oz whole (cereal)
Fruits: 3/4 cup (juice)
Vegetables: 0
Milk: 1 3/4 cups (skim milk in latte and cereal)
Meats & beans: 0
Oils: 0

The cost of this meal was approximately: $1.19

Snack
I had a Market Pantry (Target brand) banana nut granola bar as a snack while I was at school.

This meal provided:
Grains: 1/2 oz whole
The cost of this meal was approximately: $0.25



Lunch
I had a Boca burger with mozzarella cheese on a whole wheat Trader Joe's bun for lunch today. I also had the rest of the spinach rice (about 1/2 cup was left from last night), as well as the remaining 3 maple roasted carrots. I used about a tablespoon of ketchup to dip the burger in. I just can't eat a burger without ketchup-not even a Boca burger!


All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 2 oz whole (bun)
Fruits: 0
Vegetables: 1/2 cup (spinach and carrots)
Milk: 3/4 cup (mozzarella cheese)
Meats & beans: 2 1/2 oz (Boca burger)
Oils: 1 teaspoon (Smart Balance in rice)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $1.67

Dinner
I made a pretty simple dinner tonight (it was a long day). I grilled Trader Joe's chicken sausage (spinach, garlic and fontina) on the stove, and made some Alexia frozen potato wedges in the oven, along with frozen broccoli, which I steamed in the microwave. I had one whole sausage, 3/4 cup of the potatoes, and 1 1/2 cups of broccoli (with 1 teaspoon of Smart Balance and Mrs. Dash added for flavor). I also had an 8 ounce glass of Trader Joe's green plant juice. This is a 100% juice blend of several types of juices, including banana, peach and many others-it's very thick, kind of like a smoothie almost. It's one of my favorites, but can only be found (at a decent price) at TJ's, so I always pick some up when I go there.

All together, this meal provided:
Grains: 0
Fruits: 1 cup (juice)
Vegetables: 2 1/4 cups (potatoes and broccoli)
Milk: 0
Meats & beans: 3 oz (chicken sausage)
Oils: 1 teaspoon (Smart Balance)

The cost of this meal was approximately: $2.53


How did I do today?
Grains: 5 1/2 oz out of 6 oz (all were whole)
Fruits: 1 3/4 cups out of 2 cups
Vegetables: 2 3/4 cups out of 2 1/2 cups
Milk: 2 1/2 cups out of 3 cups
Meats & Beans: 5 1/2 oz out of 5 1/2 oz
Oils: 2 teaspoons out of 6 teaspoons

Total cost for the day: $5.64

No comments:

Post a Comment