Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weekly Wrap-up: December 15-21

How did I do this week?

My average serving per day for each food group:
Grains: 6 oz.
Fruits: 2 cups
Vegetables: 2 1/4 cups
Milk: 2 1/2 cups
Meats & beans: 5 1/2 oz.
Oils: 3 1/2 teaspoons


Total cost for the week: $42.17
Average cost/day: $6.02

Okay, so I didn't quite make the "thrifty" budget this week (my goal was $35.90). I did, however, still fit into the low-cost budget. It's amazing how eating out just once, no matter how smart you are about it, can really put you into a whole new cost bracket.
Next week, my goals are to try to include more milk products and healthy oils in my diet to increase my average daily amount. This is especially going to be a challenge, as Christmas is this week and you know what that means...obligations to eat what is offered! I have a total of four stops over Christmas eve and Christmas day. I will definitely have my camera with me so that I can document all of the delicious and questionably nutritious offerings placed before me. I will not be cooking this year, so I will have to put my detective skills to work in estimating ingredients and portion sizes. It might ruin the fun of the holiday spirit if I pulled out a set of measuring cups. It may not be so surprising to people, though!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, Dena! Enjoy your detective work.

    ReplyDelete