Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A walk in the park!

My "core and more" class is on break this week, so I am going to have to get motivated to exercise on my own.
The weather is finally nice enough to walk outside again, and I couldn't be happier! I don't know about you, but I get totally bored exercising indoors. There's just so much more to look at outside! I am lucky enough to have a nice park less than a mile from my house, so that's where I usually go. It's not a huge park, but if I circle around a couple of times I figure it's about 3 miles including the walk there and back. There were a lot of other people out for a Tuesday morning, which is always nice to see!
Even walking outside can sometimes get monotonous when you do it often enough. I'd rather walk with a friend, but of course that's not always possible. I really rely on my music to get me through it. Today I started out with some Death Cab for Cutie, which you might think isn't upbeat enough for walking, but somehow it worked. Then for the second half of my walk I rocked Madonna's Confessions on a Dance Floor album. I grew up on songs like Lucky Star and Borderline (showing my age here) and a lot of her newer stuff doesn't really make the cut for me...but this album totally rocks!

What's your workout "soundtrack"?

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. The time goes by a lot faster when you are outside. I think the fresh air energizes us as well. The good weather is on it's way. Yay!

    ReplyDelete