Monday, March 22, 2010

The countdown has begun!

In exactly two weeks I will find out the news about my internship! I can't wait-this is going to be the longest 14 days ever. For those of you out there who are not dietetic students, the internship is what stands between me and becoming a registered dietitian and they are extremely competitive to get. In fact, so competitive that last year only half of those who applied got one. So it's really my future I'm waiting to hear about! Scary, huh?

So, I will just have to try to keep my mind off things by trying out new recipes :)

I am a real sucker for would-be sinful foods turned healthier. This pasta carbonara recipe used nonfat Greek yogurt to make a creamy and delicious, but light, sauce. I used half the amount of pasta the recipe calls for, and I still had a ton of leftovers. I also used fat-free half & half since that's what I had on hand. It worked just fine and turned out great. And, it was Matt-approved, even with turkey bacon!

Here's the recipe ,from Self.com.
















I thought it needed a little extra something on the side, so I served with some roasted asparagus. I drizzled a little olive oil, salt and pepper and placed in the oven at 425 degree for about 15 minutes, then sprinkled with a little Parmesan when it came out. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment