Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Freecycle...for giving and receiving with no cash attached

I just found out about this great resource, and am totally amazed. It's a beautiful idea, really...you post things you want to get rid of, and can take things off other people's hands. There is no money involved...the whole point is to keep things from being thrown out into our landfills. One person's trash is another's treasure, right? I have seen some pretty great things posted so far...working TVs and furniture that the owner just doesn't want to go through the effort of moving, clothing, books, food...even a dog (I was so tempted, but I don't think my cats would appreciate it). I can think of a few things around my own house that aren't really good enough to sell, but I'd rather give them to someone who actually wants them than just dump them off in the donation box or let them sit at Goodwill.
The St. Louis area group can be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StLouis-Freecycle/
or you can find your local group by going to http://www.freecycle.org/

Happy freecycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment