Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Need a reason to try (or get back into) yoga? I found 38!

I will admit that I suffer from the inability to keep up a regular practice of one of my greatest loves-yoga. Sometimes it takes the onset of body aches and pains, or slight feelings of hopelessness, to make me realize that it's time to get back on the mat. Although I know that these things could be prevented if I only kept up a regular practice, I still struggle. For me, it's the fact that my current financial situation and schedule prevents me from attending classes on a regular basis. I crave the motivation of someone telling me what to do, the surprise as to what is coming next, and the energy of practicing with a group. However, the benefits of practicing yoga are undeniable, and are even beginning to be studied for their ability to treat and prevent disease. This article , from Yoga Journal, provides ample proof that yoga really can benefit every body.

Here are some ways I plan to incorporate yoga into my lifestyle:
1. Increase my library of yoga videos
2. Attend the free (donation based) yoga class that is offered through one of my local studios any time I'm off on a Sunday
3. Check out Yogatic.com on a regular basis. Esther always has new, and free, yoga videos on her website. Plus, she's adorable :)

How do you incorporate yoga into your daily lifestyle? What benefits have you experienced that made you a believer?

No comments:

Post a Comment